St John Carnival is upon us. There have been many great festivities happening throughout June and into July to showcase the great Caribbean culture of St John. If you are planning to be in St John over the next few weeks, you should take advantage of the FUN. Most of the events are taking place in Frankin A. Powell Sr. Park or the Winston Wells Ball Field in Cruz Bay. The park is directly across from the ferry dock from St Thomas and the ball field is straight up Prince street. These markers on the Map of Cruz Bay show exactly where the action will be taking place.
Although you may have already missed the beach jam or the bike race, the action will be going on through July 4th with fireworks. The following schedule is a list of the remaining events for the St John festival:
- Friday June 20, 2014 at 9pm – Winston Wells Ball Field – Festival Music Mix with Live Music
- Saturday June 21, 2014 at 8pm – Winston Wells Ball Field – Festival Queen Selection Pageant with Beautiful young ladies vie for the Miss St John Festival Queen title showcasing their wit, talent and costumes. UPDATE: Congratulations to Kyrelle Thomas, 2014 Festival Queen.
- Sunday June 22, 2014 at 1pm – Frankin A. Powell Sr. Park – Food Fair and Coronation with the Carnival Queen and Fair Honoree kick off the Food Fair with a buffet of local goodies, fresh fruit juices, and sweets/desserts
- Sunday June 22, 2014 at 3pm – Cruz Bay Harbor – Speed boats compete on the seas
- Sunday June 22, 2014 at 6pm – St John National Park Field – Children’s Festival Village opens with Bounce houses and games for young children
- Friday June 27, 2014 at 7pm – Cruz Bay – Adult’s Festival Village opens with Competitions and games
- Friday July 4, 2014 at 4am – Jouvert with a Large Street party beginning before dawn on the morning of July 4th. Dance until the sun comes up!
- Friday July 4, 2014 at 11am – Festival Parade Watch the parade of troupes, baton twirlers, steel bands, and Mocko Jumbies in downtown Cruz Bay
- Friday July 4, 2014 at 9pm – Cruz Bay – Festival Fireworks Display
- Friday July 4, 2014 at 10pm – Cruz Bay Beach Concert by Kurt Schindler YouTube link